Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Challenge #19 - Rustic Glam

Hello Everyone!

Niki here and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. Thank you to everyone that was able to join us last month for Autumn's challenge. It seems that the theme was a big hit with you all and so many lovely entries! Don't forget to check back with us on November 12th, when Autumn and the team announce the winners of the "Autumn Day" challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

Can you believe that it is November already? I hope all of you had a spooktacular Halloween and got to see some amazing costumes! Now that we are into November and the weather is turning cold I find myself starting indoor projects. This challenge theme was inspired by my major overhaul of my master bedroom. I made a DIY rustic whitewashed wall and the entire room has a rustic glam vibe to it thanks to the wood accent wall and a chandelier. Isn't it fun to combine two hobbies?

RUSTIC GLAM

Think of Southern charm meeting some Bling Bling. Create a mixed media design featuring rustic elements such as whitewashed wood, chicken wire, burlap, soft subtle tones and neutrals. Don't forget to add the GLAM part with some sparkle and BLING!

***
And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!


Anne - Redanne
I decided to challenge myself and use everything that Niki asks for in her fabulous challenge and I had lots of fun making it!

Autumn - SewPaperPaint
I decided to create a framed mixed media home decor item for my bedroom.  I've had this awesome deep frame for ages and decided to do a little collage featuring one of my favorite Verve stamps inside.  I used neutral tones with touches of sequins, vintage glitter and pearls to complete my rustic glam framed art.

Branka - Vintage Handmade
I used my mini burlap panel (reversed side), my DecoArt white crackle paint and my Chalky finish paints, a Stampendous Shabby Blue embossing enamel, some dies and some flat back pearls to create my rustic Christmas window for this wonderful Niki's challenge theme.

Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts
I love Niki's theme of Rustic Glam!! I upcycled an old bamboo box lamp by covering it in super-heavy gesso and then crackle medium. Once the cracks appeared, I added antiquing medium and replaced the bamboo with chicken wire mesh decorated with glitter. For added glam, I finished it off by stringing crystals that sparkle in the light :)

Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts
I went with a faux deer head (the only type that I would ever have in my house) and added some wood stain, acrylic paints, sanding techniques, stencils, modeling paste and of course I had to add the bling bling with some diamonds and faux snow. Yeppers, snow. Carpe Diem!


Sara Emily - sarascloset

Niki's theme is so much fun! Rustic and glam is such an interesting combination of elements! I used crackle and wood grain, burlap and chicken wire, gilding and bling to make my mixed media card. I have a brief tutorial on my blog for the easy peasy wood grain if you'd care to take a look.

***
Can you believe my teamies?!? Such a talented group of ladies we have here! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there. It brings a smile to our faces. :)

I hope that we have inspired you to try something new and maybe even take it a step further and just enjoy the challenge of being challenged. I know this one was a challenge for me and I am super stoked I was able to do it!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until December 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute! Carpe Diem!


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Samra! We can't wait to see what amazing creation you make for the challenge--we hope you have time to join in! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Ooh such a great theme and such lovely inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the bling ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! So good to see you have started us off with your lovely work! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. A fabulous challenge theme and gorgeous inspirational projects. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennie! And thank you for YOUR inspiration! I know this challenge is a perfect fit with your beautiful style, and hope you have time to join in! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful projects, teamies! You have all inspired me, and it will be so much fun to see the fabulous projects linked up again this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful projects from the team as ever! You could have written this challenge for me... so happy I get to play along this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're happy you get to play along this month, too! I'm off to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work girls, what an amazing theme Niki and awesome inspiration here. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are these projects! I hope I get to play lots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous makes by the DT, real eye candy!

    ReplyDelete